EMAIL YOUR GARDEN DADDY WITH QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS

Get your garden questions answered and offer suggestions other than regular posting comments. If you want more personal contact or you have more in depth gardening questions and need answers, let Garden Daddy send you on your "Happy Garden Way" by offering you my comments.
Contact your Garden Daddy today:
gardendaddy@gmail.com



Friday, April 30, 2010

FYI: PURINA FEED RECALL ALERT FOR ALL YOU POULTRY KEEPERS

HELLO & welcome to Garden Daddy here at the urban farm! This is something I found yesterday and added to the http://www.backyardchickens.com/ forum and the West Tennessee Poultry Club forum as well. It is about a recall on certain types of poultry feed from "Purina". I found this on our local TV station online news website yesterday morning. I cannot seem to get the link to copy here for some reason...sorry readers. I have tried every way I can to link this. Just go to www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/unc208975.htm and see if that will get you there. It is for Purina "LAYENA" Sun fresh Recipe Pellet #0056922. Evidently they discovered some metal fragments in a few isolated bags but are doing a recall on that batch in several Southern states.
I know this is something all of us "farmers", urban or otherwise, always want to know about and need to keep up with on our animals in our care. They are like children as they are totally dependent on us for care and upkeep.

I will leave you again today with this ongoing gardening affirmation: "GARDENING: ONE YARD AT A TIME!"

No comments:

Post a Comment