EMAIL YOUR GARDEN DADDY WITH QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS

Get your garden questions answered and offer suggestions other than regular posting comments. If you want more personal contact or you have more in depth gardening questions and need answers, let Garden Daddy send you on your "Happy Garden Way" by offering you my comments.
Contact your Garden Daddy today:
gardendaddy@gmail.com



Friday, November 19, 2010

YET ANOTHER RECORD EGG DAY HERE AT THE URBAN FARM






HELLO & Welcome to Garden Daddy here at the urban farm! Can you believe it? Here at this time of the year, when most pullets SHOULD be slowing down laying, my little girls are picking up the pace. But those of you who have been following my postings all along since the chicks started arriving last April will remember that I made the plans and ordered good, winter/cold weather laying hens that would lay all winter long. Unlike some of the Leghorns and other layers that slow down in winter, most of my birds should keep laying well all winter. I just love the colors I get now, especially the dark ones from the Cuckoo Marans which you see one very dark one a lighter one that is not quite as dark but has darker specks on it. I love those best of all...at least the egg colors. I have some birds I think are more attractive but love those dark eggs!
Not much other news today here at the urban farm. I remain busy helping with the LANA Holiday Home Tour efforts as time nears for that and will be busy till after about the middle of December. Other than that, things are slow here and I leave you today with our ongoing gardening affirmation: "URBAN FARMING: ONE EGG AT A TIME!"

2 comments:

  1. Garden Daddy,
    Sounds to me like the chickens are urging you on for a "baking spree"! No excuse not to have enough eggs on hand.

    Wonderful, production... an oh, a beautiful wreath!

    Peace,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Fr. J.M. I think maybe the "cookie baking Father John needs some "dozens" for his holiday baking!
    Hope to see you soon and thanks for the birthday card!

    ReplyDelete