EMAIL YOUR GARDEN DADDY WITH QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS

Get your garden questions answered and offer suggestions other than regular posting comments. If you want more personal contact or you have more in depth gardening questions and need answers, let Garden Daddy send you on your "Happy Garden Way" by offering you my comments.
Contact your Garden Daddy today:
gardendaddy@gmail.com



Wednesday, September 1, 2010

BUFF ORPINGTON PULLET TAKES A TEST DRIVE





HELLO & welcome to Garden Daddy here at the urban farm! Yesterday afternoon, Tuesday, I thought I was getting a second egg when I went into the chicken coop and found Miss Prissy in one of the next boxes. Do you remember Miss Prissy? She was the skinny little hen on the cartoon of "Foghorn Leghorn" who Foghorn always tried to move in with to winter over. That is why I call this Buff Orpington pullet Miss Prissy. She sat in this nest the whole time I was giving my daily treat of scratch and looked out onto the others eating and "scratching" around. After taking several photos of her on the nest I left thinking I would return to find another egg. After about an hour I returned to find nothing other than the plastic golf ball I have placed in each nest box for incentive. I guess Miss Prissy was just doing a test drive. She was sitting in their, pulling wheat straw up around her and making quiet little clucking sounds and I just knew there was another egg on the way. But alas it was not to be...not yet anyway. Not even one today, Wednesday.
I will continue to wait...wait...& wait...patiently! Thank you for following Garden Daddy & I leave you today with our ongoing gardening affirmation in mind: "URBAN FARMING: ONE EGG AT A TIME!"

No comments:

Post a Comment