EMAIL YOUR GARDEN DADDY WITH QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS

Get your garden questions answered and offer suggestions other than regular posting comments. If you want more personal contact or you have more in depth gardening questions and need answers, let Garden Daddy send you on your "Happy Garden Way" by offering you my comments.
Contact your Garden Daddy today:
gardendaddy@gmail.com



Wednesday, March 3, 2010

NEW FENCING GOES UP TODAY FOR VEGGIE PATCH

HELLO from your Garden Daddy here at the garden home! Finally, what a great day to get outside for a little while. It was only in the upper 40's but it felt better than that. I spent most of today outside and it felt wonderful. I did some yard clean up, raking, picked up some sticks and even got out the mower and ran over the front yard. It looks like I have vacuumed the yard and basically that is exactly what I did really. I cleaned up some things I just had piled up over winter in the back yard as well, putting some 4 x 4's I had brought home from my part time job that came off an old pallet we took apart to destroy...remember, RECYCLE & RECLAIM, right
But the best part was finally getting my RECLAIMED fencing that was donated to this garden home from a neighbors rental property stood up and temporarily in place till I get more stakes and zip ties to install it with. I do not want to put permanent post in the ground as somewhere down the road I might want to NOT have the fence or the vegetable patch any more. I will use the steel hog wire fence post that you drive into the ground and then I will use galvanized wire and zip ties (you know, those zip-strip plastic ties used to tie electrical lines, etc., together) to connect the fencing to the post.
Tomorrow is another busy day here at the garden home. In the morning I am heading over to the WTREC to help re-pot trees at the UT research station, getting in some volunteer hours there. Then tomorrow afternoon I am supposed to trim a crepe myrtle for a neighbor then tomorrow evening I have my March Master Gardener monthly meeting. So tomorrow will be full for me and really enjoyable as I will be outside and most of the day spent with my fellow MG's!

I send you off today with our ongoing gardening affirmation: "GARDENING: ONE YARD AT A TIME!"

2 comments:

  1. Where will the chickens go? This looks like it will work fine!
    Sid

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Recycle and reclaim" like "gleaning house", right?

    Heh.

    Nice work.

    ReplyDelete