EMAIL YOUR GARDEN DADDY WITH QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS

Get your garden questions answered and offer suggestions other than regular posting comments. If you want more personal contact or you have more in depth gardening questions and need answers, let Garden Daddy send you on your "Happy Garden Way" by offering you my comments.
Contact your Garden Daddy today:
gardendaddy@gmail.com



Friday, March 12, 2010

YOU KNOW HOW I LOVE THE IDEA OF COMPOSTING...

HELLO again from your Garden Daddy here at the garden home! I have repeatedly on this site mentioned my affinity for composting and the attributes of that process. I would like to send you to a new site I have found out in "Internet land" that I think will make the "process of the process" of composting come out in simple terms and ease of use. I located this by shear luck today while searching for something else.
I have applied today for the opportunity to use one of my city garden plots this summer, The Jackson City Garden Project. These plots are 10ft x 25ft garden plots and I think I can use these long, narrow row garden to grow some good corn with a side planting of some cantaloupe and watermelons, inter planted with some good sunflower varieties to bring in the butterflies and other cross pollinators for my corn. I will go to my local farmer's co-op to get the seed corn, which is a certified and guarantee seed for just such use (seed corn!) While applying for my plot, one of the site managers offered me the opportunity to help mentor other would-be gardeners in the plot sites, as that project is an "authorized volunteer project" by my Master Gardeners and I can use the volunteer time to add to my needed hours for finishing my intern hours.
Here is the compost site I thought you might like and hope you find it useful: www.eartheasy.com/grow_compost.html
So your Garden Daddy leaves you today with our ongoing gardening affirmation: "GARDENING: ONE YARD AT A TIME!"

No comments:

Post a Comment