EMAIL YOUR GARDEN DADDY WITH QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS

Get your garden questions answered and offer suggestions other than regular posting comments. If you want more personal contact or you have more in depth gardening questions and need answers, let Garden Daddy send you on your "Happy Garden Way" by offering you my comments.
Contact your Garden Daddy today:
gardendaddy@gmail.com



Tuesday, April 13, 2010

HARDY ORCHID RETURNS IT LOVELY BLOOMS TO THIS GARDEN HOME

HELLO & welcome to Garden Daddy here at the garden home on the urban farm! I just had to share with you this sweet little thing that I was given by a neighbor who is an avid gardener in her own right as well as published author and contributing writer for Tennessee Gardener Magazine. It is this lovely little hardy orchid, which I think if you could see it in person is a REALLY orchid color. I will not hold you long on this post but wanted you to see this tiny thing that appears year after year since I acquired it and is now adding a few companions along the way this year in the way of self propagation. Here it is...wait...wait...hold your breath and......
NOW BREATHE....! You can see the first of a series of blooms to come as it unfolds a single bloom at a time, then when this one is finished the next is in full splendor. Pale orchid background, outlined in a darker orchid shading. You can see my thumb and forefinger in the bottom of the photo and judge this delicate size according to my hand. The bloom is so small but isn't is just wonderful. I appreciate this garden gifting from "A.S." so much and hope she and I remain gardening friends for many years to come!
I leave you today with our ongoing gardening affirmation in mind this evening: "GARDENING: ONE YARD AT A TIME!"

No comments:

Post a Comment